Media & Press
Our disaster relief and global health experts can give you the insights and information you need to deliver timely, accurate news about major humanitarian crises all over the globe.
If you have media inquiries and interview requests, please contact Donna Porstner.
Branding & Press Kits
Logos, Photos, B-Rolls
In September 2016, Americares adopted a new visual identity that includes an icon and logotype. Find the basic guidelines to using and maintaining Americares visual brand by using our Quick Reference Guide or download the Complete Brand Guide*
Official Americares Logo
Want them all? Download the full package.
Need to use photos of Americares fast? Choose a batch below for downloads. Choose from our generic Branding photos, of our Warehouse and Headquarters*, or of Emergency Response* work and Global Health initiatives*.
All about Americares
Americares saves lives and builds healthier futures for people in crisis in the United States and around the world. Since it was established in 1979, Americares has distributed more than $17 billion in humanitarian aid to 164 countries.
We deliver medical aid and support ongoing health programs, such as bringing nutritional supplements to hungry children or providing crucial aid to fight deadly cholera. In the United States, we supply aid to more than 1,000 clinics serving the uninsured or underinsured and operate four free clinics in Connecticut. During emergencies, our teams are among the first to respond with medicines and medical assistance. After major disasters, Americares stays to help rebuild communities and restore health services.
We are privately funded through the generosity of financial donors, and also receive vital in-kind support from pharmaceutical and health care companies.
How can I help?
Take action to improve health and save lives today. Americares relies on your support to help others.
Donate now through our website, americares.org, or send a contribution to:
88 Hamilton Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902
We also rely on the assistance of a wonderful team of volunteers at our Connecticut headquarters and free clinics (we cannot accept volunteers for relief work in the field).
Where does Americares work?
We work in dozens of countries around the world, improving health care in areas of desperate need. We also help those without access to health care here at home. Americares has offices in El Salvador, Haiti, India, Nepal, Liberia, Tanzania and the Philippines in addition to our global headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut.
What sets Americares apart?
We are an efficient, accountable and highly respected, health-focused global aid and development organization. We earn top marks for transparency from nonprofit rating site Charity Navigator and receive donations from many of the largest and most respected health care organizations in the world. Because we use contributions in tandem with high-value donated pharmaceuticals, each donation gets leveraged many times over. For every $10 donated we can provide $200 in aid. More than 98 percent of our expenses support local health programs..
What employment opportunities are available?
Please visit americares.org/jobs for information about career and internship opportunities with Americares.
Who should members of the press contact?
Members of the press with inquiries should contact VP, Media Relations Donna Porstner at 203.658.9579 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts for Expertise
The following are contacts in emergency response, medical aid, disaster preparedness, infectious disease, medicine in developing countries and more. Click on a listing below to learn more about each expert.
- 2019 Spring Newsletter (800 KB)
- 2018 Winter Newsletter (1.2 MB)
- 2018 Summer Newsletter (1.9 MB)
- 2018 Spring Newsletter (1.6 MB)
- 2018 Winter Newsletter (2.2 MB)
- 2017 Fall Newsletter (509 KB)
- 2017 Summer Newsletter (510 KB)
- 2017 Spring Newsletter (565 KB)
- 2016 Winter Newsletter (479 KB)
- 2016 Fall Newsletter (456 KB)
- 2016 Summer Newsletter (478 KB)
- 2016 Spring Newsletter (522 KB)
- 2015 Winter Newsletter (604 KB)
- 2015 Fall Newsletter (473 KB)
- 2015 Summer Newsletter (513 KB)
- 2015 Spring Newsletter (484 KB)
- 2014 Winter Newsletter (600 KB)
- 2014 Fall Newsletter (528 KB)
- 2014 Summer Newsletter (553 KB)
- 2014 Spring Newsletter (1.75 MB)
- 2013 Winter Newsletter (518 KB)
- 2013 Fall Newsletter (525 KB)
- 2013 Summer Newsletter (458 KB)
- 2013 Spring Newsletter (542 KB)
- 2012 Fall Newsletter (1.19 MB)
- 2012 30th Anniversary Newsletter (1.17 MB)
- 2012 Spring/Summer Newsletter (1.31 MB)
- 2012 Winter Newsletter (1.55 MB)
- 2011 Fall Newsletter (1.54 MB)
- 2011 Spring/Summer Newsletter (1.30 MB)