Sanjay Gupta, M.D.
A conversation with CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Sanjay Gupta, M.D. and CNN Anchor and National Correspondent Erica Hill.
- 9:45 AM -9:45 AM ESTFireside Chat – The Power of Partnership It is through partnership that we can make the greatest impact in the world – our businesses, our communities and our families. Aligning ourselves with others who bring different and complimentary expertise, resources and perspectives allows us to create lasting opportunities in our work and our world. In this discussion, learn from Americares country directors and lead foundation supporters about the power of partnership as they tackle some of the most intractable health and humanitarian issues in our world.
- 10:15 AM -10:15 AM ESTSession 1: Emergency Response – Building Resilient Communities Disasters disproportionately affect low-income, underserved communities. As weather-related disasters increase in frequency and intensity, it’s critical that preparedness and risk mitigation reach communities equitably, in the U.S. and across the globe. In this session, leaders from the private, public and nonprofit sectors will discuss why some communities remain unprepared and what can be done at the local level to ensure all are ready for the next emergency.
- 11:30 AM -11:30 AM ESTSession 2: Creating Pathways to Better Mental Health One in four people across the world experience mental health issues. While global support for mental health is building, the need for greater awareness and support remains great. Featured speakers will discuss innovative approaches to reducing stigma and promoting positive cultural shifts.
- 2:45 PM -2:45 PM ESTSession 3: Connecting Health and the Environment Human health and the natural environment are fundamentally connected. Join a dynamic conversation around the intersection of health and climate change. Gain expert insights about how wildlife and land conservation can be integrated with community health in Africa. An exciting new partnership will be announced during this session.
Introduction with Christine Squires, Senior Vice President, Chief Development Officer of Americares
Building Resilient Communities
Extreme weather is the new normal. Learn how coordination before disasters can build community resilience from our expert panel of business executives, public officials and non-profit leaders. Panelists will bring insights from the health, energy, consumer goods and disaster management sectors to answer some of the most pressing questions in emergency preparedness.
Creating Pathways to Better Mental Health
One in four people across the world experiences mental health issues. While global support for mental health is building, the need for broader awareness and acceptance remains. Learn how mental health conditions affect all ages, races and income levels and listen to featured speakers’ innovative approaches to reducing stigma and promoting positive cultural shifts.
Connecting Health and the Environment
Health and the environment are fundamentally connected. Join a dynamic conversation around the intersection of health and climate change. Then, gain expert insight into how wildlife conservation impacts community health in Africa.
- David Barash, M.D. – Chief Medical Officer and Executive Director, GE Foundation
- Rola Dagher – President, Cisco Systems Canada
- Peter Fearnhead – Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, African Parks Network
- Sanjay Gupta, M.D. – Chief Medical Correspondent, CNN
- Erica Hill – Anchor and National Correspondent, CNN
- Francine Katsoudas – Chief People Officer and Executive Vice President, Cisco Systems
- Moyra Knight – Vice President Communications, Astellas US LLC
President, Astellas Global Health Foundation
- Jerry P. Leamon – Chairman, Americares
Retired Global Managing Partner, Deloitte
- S. Atyia Martin, LP.D., CEM – CEO, All Aces, Inc.
Former Chief Resilience Officer, City of Boston
- Honorable Gina McCarthy – Director, Center for Climate, Health & the Global Environment,
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Glen Moriarty, Psy.D., Founder and CEO, 7 Cups
- Michael W. Painter, M.D. – Senior Program Officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Shweta Rawat – Chairperson and Co-Founder, The Hans Foundation
- Stephen Sadove – Former Chairman and CEO, Saks
Founding Partner, JW Levin Management Partners
- Peter Seligmann – CEO, Nia Tero and Chairman, Conservation International
- Shripad Desai – Managing Director, India
- Kate Dischino – VP, Emergency Programs
- Walter James – Country Director, Colombia
- Christine Squires – SVP, Chief Development Officer
- Tara Waters – Associate Director, Institutional Relations
- Julie Varughese, M.D. – Chief Medical Officer
Honoring Carol and George Bauer
Americares will honor Carol and George Bauer for their longstanding commitment to Americares and its mission to save lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster.
CNN Chief Medical Correspondent
Sanjay Gupta, MD
Anchor and National Correspondent
Director, Center for Climate, Health & the Global Environment at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Executive Vice President and Chief People Officer of Cisco
Senior Program Officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Michael W. Painter
CEO, Nia Tero and Chairman, Conservation International
Peter A. Seligmann
Former Chairman & CEO, Saks Fifth Avenue; member, Americares Board of Directors
CEO and Founder of All Aces, Inc.
Dr. S. Atyia Martin
Dr. Martin is currently the CEO and founder of the social enterprise All Aces, Inc. All Aces mission is to activate the power of consciousness and critical thinking to manage the ways our unconscious mind can interfere with personal and organizational resilience. Additionally, she serves as a Distinguished Senior Fellow at Northeastern University's Global Resilience Institute.
Executive Director GE Foundation
David M. Barash, MD
David leads the GE Foundation work in health, education and disaster response. In health, David and his team are striving to improve surgical access to underserved populations globally and to impact the opioid crisis in Massachusetts. On the education front, he is leading GE Foundation’s commitment to improve STEM education opportunities.
President, Cisco Canada
Chairperson and Co-Founder, The Hans Foundation
CEO and Co-Founder of African Parks
Peter has been involved in formal conservation since the age of 13, where in his native Zimbabwe he developed a 2,000-acre wildlife reserve on the school campus. He graduated with a BSc in Agric Economics from the University of Natal and an MSc in Agric and Resource Economics from the University of Oxford. Peter has been at the forefront of innovations in conservation for over 20 years. Today African Parks manages 15 protected areas in 9 countries, covering 10.5 million hectares.
Psy.D., Founder and CEO, 7 Cups
Vice President, Corporate Communications President, Astellas Global Health Foundation Astellas
101 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Convene is located just steps from Grand Central station and is the most versatile and technology-friendly space for meetings and receptions. The easily accessible street-level property receives plenty of natural light from floor-to-ceiling windows and creates the perfect open atmosphere for corporate-social receptions.. The Gensler-designed, 20,000 square foot space maximizes functionality and flexibility for hosting dynamic events and trainings.
A few rooms have been reserved with special rates at Iberostar for our Summit attendees. Please make reservations by April 8 to secure the group rate.