AmeriCares excels at matching health care needs and resource gaps with quality product donations for disaster relief and ongoing health care programs. AmeriCares has product donation partnerships with over 200 companies around the world.
What to Donate:
Donated items range from medicine and medical supplies to water, nutritional supplements and personal hygiene items—we gratefully accept donations to benefit our disaster relief and long-term health care programs.
Medicines and Medical Supplies
- Prescription medicines
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Schedule II - V controlled substances
- Diagnostic products and equipment
- MedSurg products
- Food and nutritional supplements
- Personal hygiene items
- 7 months dating upon receipt for all non-controlled product and 9 months dating or greater for controlled substances upon arrival at the AmeriCares warehouse.
- Products must meet FDA standards, handled in accordance with PDMA standards, and be labeled with brand and/or generic name, lot number and expiration date. Any restrictions on where to place donations should be made upon offering.
- Our decision to accept a donation is based on several factors including, but not limited to: need for product, type of product, expiration date and appropriateness
- All donations must be accepted by AmeriCares prior to physical transfer to our facilities.
If you have questions about a product donation, please contact Emanuela Chiaranda at Products@AmeriCares.org or call 1-800-486-HELP (4357).