Want to make a difference? Join AmeriCares Student Ambassador Program (ASAP)!
We’re looking for creative, mission-oriented students interested in global health and humanitarian aid to promote AmeriCares on their college campuses.
As an ambassador, you will bring AmeriCares to your campus by creating and implementing a campaign-focused marketing and public relations plan that includes events, activities and print/digital material to shine a spotlight on our work. Our Communications team will support you as you carry out your plan and document your progress via blog postings, photos and video.
What you get: You’ll gain great leadership skills and the opportunity to publish digital content for an international nonprofit organization. Most of all, you’ll make a difference in the lives of people in need.
Congratulations to Samantha Buttrick!
Winner of the AmeriCares Student Ambassador Education Campaign. Samantha is a student at Hamilton College currently studying abroad in Spain. For the campaign she gave a presentation to her fellow students in Barcelona where she discussed the response AmeriCares is making to the Zika Virus.
Congratulations to Sarah Auer!
Winner of the AmeriCares Student Ambassador Social Media Campaign. Sarah is a student at Skidmore University and took us on a tour of the work AmeriCares does through her Instagram posts. Check it out here >>>
How It Works
Spread the word on campus about our work! Introduce students and faculty to our mission, programs and activities.
As an ASAP ambassador you will participate in 2 of 3 campaigns (Social Media, Fundraising, and Education) each semester where you will do many of the following activities:
- Coordinate one promotional and/or fundraising event each semester
- Submit content for the AmeriCares website, blogs and social media platforms
- Promote AmeriCares with posters and flyers
- Assist with on-campus events attended or hosted by AmeriCares staff members
- Host an AmeriCares table during campus events
- Brainstorm additional ideas to pursue in the role!
It’s easy to get started – we will provide you with a toolkit as a guide for event planning and promotional activities on campus.
To qualify for the ASAP team, you must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university in the United States
- Pursuing a undergraduate or graduate degree with at least one year of schooling left
- Passionate about international humanitarian aid/development, global/public health, marketing and communications
- At least one academic semester; full academic year preferred
- Approximately three to five hours per month
- One event per semester
Apply for the Fall 2016 semester by completing the online ASAP application below. Our ASAP Team will review your application and contact you with additional information.
* Required Fields