Work With Us
Americares seeks dedicated professionals who are passionate about global health and emergency response. Our employees and volunteers are committed to saving lives and building healthier futures for people in crisis in the U.S. and around the world.
As an employee, regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to make an impact. We look for people who are ready to be given responsibility and who take initiative in solving problems. At Americares, you will work with smart and compassionate colleagues, be eligible for good benefits, and be a part of a mission driven culture.
If you are interested in finding out more about current job opportunities, please visit our career site directly or click on a link below which will take you to a specific job opportunity page. Here you will find a detailed position description along with instructions on how to apply. Please make sure you have created a profile with us by registering (instructions above) or Log In.
Headquarter Positions (Connecticut)
- Part Time Nurse Practitioner
- Senior Associate, Data Analytics
- Senior Associate, Media and Public Relations
- Senior Associate, Program Development
- Technical Advisor - Nutrition
- Development Officer
- Marketing Coordinator
If you're looking to join our Americares India team office in Mumbai or distribution warehouse in Bhiwandi, click here to visit our Americares India Careers page »
2017 Summer Internship Program Information
2017 Summer Internship Programs
Americares Summer Intern Program is a defined and intentional program, offering a well-rounded agenda with formal program objectives and expectations. The program offers an opportunity for students who are interested in global health and international development work the chance to gain firsthand experience in a world-class organization. In addition, it offers Americares the opportunity to build a pipeline of talent and creates future ambassadors of the organization.
Our Program Details
- Summer interns will be eligible for a modest stipend payment.
- Our program runs from June 5 – August 17, (approximately 11 weeks).
- Internships are offered in our Stamford, CT HQ location.
- Interns start and end on the same dates and will be required to work a minimum 4-day schedule, which includes being here on Monday - Thursday for organizational wide meetings. Friday’s will be optional.
- The program offers each intern individual assignments, an overall learning series and will include a group project among other offerings.
- We require students to apply on-line and include the following: resume, cover letter and writing samples.
- We expect to interview/match and make offers by April (don’t wait to apply) on a rolling basis
Invitation for Proposals
Americares volunteers are a meaningful part of the organization and are integral to our success. Each year hundreds of volunteers work in various capacities at our headquarters or as part of our Free Clinics community program. Americares does not accept applications from individual volunteers for any of our overseas missions. We do, however, welcome volunteers at our headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, to help with project work, administrative duties, community programs, communications, graphic design and special events and we also welcome volunteers at our Free Clinics Program.
...at our Home Office
Volunteer opportunities are often available at our headquarters office in Stamford, Connecticut.
If you are interested in finding out more about a current volunteer opening, please click on the appropriate volunteer posting below (when listed), which will provide you with a link to our talent portal. Here you will find a detailed position description along with instructions on how to apply.
If we do not have any current volunteer opportunities available, please consider registering your interest with us by creating a profile and uploading your resume to our “Talent Portal’. You’ll also receive updates from us when opportunities are available.
...at our Free Clinics
Americares Free Clinics provide quality health care to Connecticut residents who do not have access to either private or public health insurance benefits. The Free Clinics seek doctors, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, primary care physicians, specialists, screeners and translators to volunteer for our clinics in Norwalk, Stamford, Danbury and Bridgeport. Medical liability insurance is provided for medical volunteers and there are many opportunities to volunteer throughout the week. Administrative and special event volunteers are needed to help in our Stamford office. Volunteers can volunteer as often as their schedule allows. Please help us help our neighbors in need. Learn more about our Free Clinics volunteer opportunities by visiting our Volunteers page in the Americares Free Clinics section of our web site. Applications are available to download from the page as well,
If you are interested in volunteering with us or would like more information on a specific volunteer opportunity, please contact us at (800) 486-4357.
Student Ambassador Program (ASAP)
About The Program
We’re looking for creative, mission-oriented students interested in global health and humanitarian aid to promote Americares on their college campuses. Apply Here!
As an ambassador, you will bring Americares to your campus by creating and implementing a campaign-focused marketing and public relations plan that includes events, activities and print/digital material to shine a spotlight on our work. Our Communications team will support you as you carry out your plan and document your progress via blog postings, photos and video.
What You Get:
You’ll gain great leadership skills and the opportunity to publish digital content for an international nonprofit organization. Most of all, you’ll make a difference in the lives of people in need.
How It Works
Spread the word on campus about our work! Introduce students and faculty to our mission, programs and activities.
As an ASAP ambassador you will participate in 2 of 3 campaigns (Social Media, Fundraising, and Education) each semester where you will do many of the following activities:
- Coordinate one promotional and/or fundraising event each semester
- Submit content for the Americares website, blogs and social media platforms
- Promote Americares with posters and flyers
- Assist with on-campus events attended or hosted by Americares staff members
- Host an Americares table during campus events
- Brainstorm additional ideas to pursue in the role!
It’s easy to get started – we will provide you with a toolkit as a guide for event planning and promotional activities on campus.
To qualify for the ASAP team, you must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university in the United States
- Pursuing a undergraduate or graduate degree with at least one year of schooling left
- Passionate about international humanitarian aid/development, global/public health, marketing and communications
What is the Time Commitment?
- At least one academic semester; full academic year preferred
- Approximately three to five hours per month
- One event per semester
The ASAP Toolkit is a useful resource for ambassadors to use as they spread the word about Americares work — posting to social media, tabling, holding events and so much more!